Sunday, October 17, 2010

Taboada, Crislyn R.

Crislyn's poems

1. TO THE 21ST CENTURY NARCISSUS,
WITH LOVE

In the river of vanity,
You gazed at your reflection
Scooped a water with your hands,
Cleansed your face, yourself
Feeling disgusted, cursed the world
Beast-like!You concluded.

A tiny leech, I am
Watching you from below
Wanting to suck your disgust
Turn a frog to a prince.

In the sea of perfection,
You see yourself in the clear waters
Took a dip, swam fast
Deep, deep into the blue
Oblivious of the mocking world
Affectionate of the tiny creatures below.

A pale jellyfish, I am
Swimming my way to you
To sting you with my tentacles
And leave a momentous itch.

In the wilderness of the ocean
You catch a glimpse of your ideals
Through the rushing tides
You remained firm, stronger than ever
As you sailed from east to west,
Determined but never committed.

Imprisoned in a whale's tummy, I am
Tried to irritate its nostrils
Searching for a way out
Hoping you'd rescue a damsel in distress.

2. BLUE STAR

As I looked up the sky,
I saw you.  You winked and blinked
I winked back.  I blinked back.
You winked brighter. You blinked faster.

"Blue star, I'm here
Take me up with you." I exclaimed,
Unable to suppress my longing
Yet, you never gave answers.  Not even an echo.

Instead, your brightness turns cold
You never wink nor blink, again
Why blue star turned bluer?
I needed to find answers.

So, I get the tallest ladder there is
Climb my way up, reach out to you
But oh, no, no, to the ground I fell
Then, I climb up the tallest coconut tree
Holding on to the distance between you and me
But still, I fell with bruises on my head
Then, I went to the rooftop of the tallest building
I could see you clear enough, you seem near
But still, you're miles away to even grasp.

Hopeless.
Confused.
In pain.
I went home.
Bid goodbye.
Shed unknowing tears.
Off to my bedroom.

"Oh, you're here, my warm red star."

3. ANG MAGTIAYONG IRO OG ILAGA

Ang bana'ng iro og ang asawang ilaga,
Sa sayong kabuntagon naglalis
Matud pa sa iro,
"Hoy, ilagaa ka, mura ka'g kinsang gwapaha
Na'y ngipon nimo ay, dako pa sa imong mata."
Tubag sa ilaga,
"Hoy, askala ka, kay nagtuo ka'g gwapo ka?
Na'y lubot nimong gikagid, buhok gigarapata."
Nibaw's pud dayon ang bana,
"May na lang na kaysa magpagukod sa iring
Ug mangitkit og pagkaon ug biste sa uban."
Wa pud nagpalupig ang asawa,
"Kay ngano? May'g pareha ko nimo
Mamaghot sa mga di' kaila
Moungol kung makakita'g ungo."
Napuno na ang iro,
"Unsa may gusto nimo?
Ikaw akong paghuton?
Moungol ko kung makakita nimo?"
Nag-aso-aso na sab sa kalagot ang ilaga,
"Unsa man sa'y gusto nimo?
Ara ko magpagukod nimo?
Ikaw akong kitkiton?"
Nikalma na ang bana, nakaamgo
"Mamaghot og moungol tuod ko
Para protektahan ka og ang atong panimalay."
Nipahiyom ang asawa,
"Ug mangitkit sab ko, tinoud na
Para naa tay makaon adlaw-adlaw"
Ug naggakos ang magtiayong iro  og ilaga.

Sa mga nisunod nga adlaw
Padayon gihapon
Ang iro sa pagpanaghot
Og
Ang ilaga sa pagpangitkit.

No comments:

Post a Comment