Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Glacier" & " I Only Knew Your Sobriquet"

Lopez, Charisse M. TTH (10:30-12:00)
BSEd IV- English Creative Writing


I Only Knew Your Sobriquet


Just as the night you stared at me,
Thinking you’re one of them I must see
Then I realized first impressions are meant to be wrong
For you’re not that kind I’ve first known.

Urgently needing you is such a wonderful thing to do
But reaching you is uptight, I think so
Though fear and thrill covers within me
Happy and excited you have made me.

Domino in costume you are wearing
Every night you visit me, you fill my being
My reason to live is extraordinary
You’ve turned my heart into a checker berry.

Encephalitis to my body you’ve caused me
Stocked erythrocytes maybe the penalty
Faltering voice pronouncing the fame
The truth is that I don’t know you’re real name
Only your sobriquet is just the thing I know
But what matters most is that you love me too.





GLACIER

Spreading outward on a land surface that lies
Like nothing’s holding it even a rope.
A large body of ice
Moving slowly down a slope

Slowly dropping into the heart of the earth
Like it have never been before since birth
Cracking silently through the break of dawn
Scattering motion, it never stopped from that wide lawn.

It’s been so long that it hid behind bars
From that certain memory which left the scars.
This body of ice was firmly bemuse
And did not need from someone an excuse!

This frozen beauty has fully grown,
Not the usual thing, most have ever known.
It’s nature’s magma which melt this glacier away
Being such a numskull before, this time it must not have to be that way.

1 comment: